An air fryer is a versatile kitchen appliance that can not only cook but also reheat a variety of foods.
Reheating food in an air fryer is a convenient way to give new life to previously cooked meals without sacrificing taste or texture.
In this article, we will explore foods to reheat in an air fryer, as well as tips and tricks for achieving optimal results.
Let’s dive in.
11 Things To Reheat in an Air Fryer
Pizza is a popular food that can be easily reheated in an air fryer.
The hot air of the appliance helps to crisp up the crust, while the cheese and toppings remain moist and flavorful.
To reheat pizza in an air fryer, simply place the pizza slices in the basket and cook at 350°F for 3-5 minutes.
The duration varies with the thickness of the pizza.
Air fryers are perfect for reheating chicken wings. They help to keep the skin crispy without drying out the meat.
Potato chips and other types of chips can be easily reheated in an air fryer.
To do so, simply place the chips in the basket and cook at 350°F for 2-3 minutes.
This will help to restore their crispy texture and fresh flavor.
4. Onion Rings
Onion rings are a popular appetizer to heat up and eat.
5. Roasted Meats
Roasted meats like chicken, beef, and pork can be easily reheated in an air fryer.
6. Bread and Rolls
Bread and rolls can be easily reheated in an air fryer to restore their freshness and crispy exterior.
7. Pork Chops
Pork chops are another favorite to reheat in the air fryer.
8. Roasted Vegetables
Roasted vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots can be easily reheated in an air fryer.
They regain their crispy texture when reheated in the air fryer.
Reheating pies in the air fryer is a quick and easy way to enjoy them warm.
Different types of pies require different cooking times or temperatures.
Check on the pie after the first two minutes of reheating to keep them in good shape.
When reheating potatoes in an air fryer, shake the basket halfway through or turn the potatoes using kitchen tongs to ensure even heat distribution.
You can reheat all types of nuggets with this appliance.
The cooking time varies depending on the type and quantity of nuggets.
Why Reheat Food in an Air Fryer?
Reheating food in an air fryer has several benefits.
- Reheating food in an air fryer can restore its texture and flavor.
- Using an air fryer is faster than using other kitchen appliances.
- An air fryer uses hot air circulation, eliminating the need for added fats, and making it a healthier option.
- Reheating food in an air fryer can help reduce food waste by allowing you to use up leftovers.
How to Reheat Food in an Air Fryer
To reheat food in an air fryer:
· Preheat the Air Fryer
Some air fryers require you to preheat before adding food. Others like the Instant Vortex have a preset reheating program.
Preheat to the desired temperature, typically between 350°F to 400°F. This will vary depending on the type of food you are reheating.
· Add the Food
Place the food in the air fryer basket. Make sure not to overcrowd the basket to allow for proper hot air circulation.
The food should be in a single layer in the air fryer basket. If you have a lot of food to reheat, you may need to do it in batches.
You can also stack some. Check this article on how to stack food in an air fryer.
If the food is dry or prone to drying out, lightly spray or brush it with some oil, broth, or water.
· Set The Cooking Time
Depending on the type of food, the cooking time will vary.
Generally, most foods will only need to be reheated for 3-5 minutes in the air fryer. Set the timer accordingly.
· Check on the Food
After a few minutes, check the food to see if it’s hot and crispy enough. If not, you can add a minute or two to the cooking time.
· Serve and Enjoy
Once the food is heated through and crispy, remove it from the air fryer and serve. Enjoy!
Tips for Reheating Food in the Air Fryer
Here are some tips for reheating food in an air fryer:
- Preheat your air fryer: Just like when you’re cooking food, it’s a good idea to preheat your air fryer before reheating food. This will ensure that the air fryer is hot enough to crisp up your food and make it taste great.
- Use an air fryer-safe container or liner: When reheating food in an air fryer, use a liner such as silicone, parchment paper, or aluminum foil. Avoid using containers made of plastic or materials that can melt.
- Don’t overcrowd the basket: Overcrowding the air fryer basket can prevent the hot air from circulating properly, which can result in unevenly heated food. It’s better to reheat food in smaller batches so that each piece of food gets evenly heated and crisped up.
- Use a lower temperature: When reheating food in an air fryer, it’s best to use a lower temperature than you would when cooking raw food. This will prevent the food from burning or drying out and will help it retain its texture and flavor.
- Add moisture to dry foods: If you’re reheating foods that tend to dry out, like pizza or fried chicken, you can add a little bit of moisture to the air fryer basket to help keep the food from drying out. You can use a small amount of water, or spritz the food with a little bit of cooking spray or oil.
- Stir or flip the food: To ensure that the food is evenly reheated, you may need to stir or flip it halfway through the reheating process. This will help the hot air circulate the food and ensure that it gets evenly heated and crispy.
By following these tips, you can use your air fryer to reheat food quickly and easily, while still maintaining its texture and flavor.
An air fryer is a versatile appliance that can be used for reheating a variety of foods.
From pizza to fried chicken to vegetables, an air fryer can quickly and easily reheat foods while also helping them retain their texture and flavor.
However, not all foods are suitable for reheating in an air fryer. Some foods such as stews and soup require different methods of reheating.
By following the tips and guidelines outlined in this article, you can make the most of your air fryer when it comes to reheating food, and enjoy delicious food every time.